Saturday 22 January 2011

Killing myself softly ( with the same old song )



Brueton park5k  17:38


Always behind chased leaders 1k , struggled one paced 2k failed to get on terms  3k , faded & tired final 1k .

With the extra speed work in my legs Expected to go at least 30secs faster & maybe have pop at the course record but my mind wasnt up for it felt jaded and tired esp' top my legs possibly train too hard on the (Beast ) treadmill mid week also running on an incline to counter the speed of the treadmill belt as advised to do by so called experts which is the reason why my thighs felt fecked over past few days .

But dont intend to bust my balls on the track or rds so the treadmill enough fer me as I dont expect to go anywhere near 16:30 not at the amount of training Im doing or the xtra weight Im carrying ,but sub 17:00club  is more realistic target ;mind you on this course Id be struggling as they messed around with the course I reckon its at least 150m over from the old summer one which I ran 17:14 on .

Interesting banter with fellow vet50  'The Hoff 'afterwards bout nostalgic days of 70s  football hoolligans getting run @t Old Trafford & Anfield & escaping within an inch of our lives as the oppo fans used us for target practise with bricks & bottles , thats when you discover wether yous can run or not lol ....those were the days kids today they aint lived when thy moan bout pitch invasions & police brutality back then you only had to look at the SPG in funny way & they give you good going over with a truncheon lol !!.

No comments:

Post a Comment