Sunday 9 January 2011

Park Life


Park run 5k 17.39 : fact that I actually managed to make this race was more important than the time mind you they tend to chop and change this course so its hard to use this time as a marker but its a base to work from fitness wise .

I see they given me a PB on the new course but in my book that dont count if the course is only slightly different how can it be PB ?


The new start and finish on this course is an improvement but its not as fast as' Brueton park' over at Solihull maybe in the summer they could shift it to an evening mid week run which would not only attract more runners but would be better for the volunteers too .


After the intial 'Brave heart ' charge it was the same old same old for me as worked my way thro' to 2nd after 1k and spent rest of the race trying to close the leader down finding myself in the no mans land with large gap to 3rd I made half hearted attempt to reel the leader in but as is the norm these days my pace fades after 3k esp' with the xtra weight Im carrying and so took my foot off the gas & I settled into a relaxed stride to the finish .

Good thing bout these parkruns is apart from the fact that you dont have to drive down the motorway to have bad run you can do on yer own doorstep and just like the Number 11 bus theres always anougher one the following  weekend to put the poor run  right .

I jogged the 4 miles or so back home to make the miles up to a nice little 10 contemplating on how I can get my weight down without have to run by guts off 5/6 times a week !!.

Sun

90mins, just didnt feel up for the 2hr + run its not Gospel to run it every week maybe I was bit mentaly jaded from the previous days excursions Im probably cuming back too quickly and over cooking it  .


Clear a path coming through !!




Noticed plenty ramblers on the stratford section of the canal loads of the bloody blighters no doubt out for their annual club walk ,walking three a breast blocking the towpath even when shouted " cuming thro' some of the cunts were too busy talking to notice no doubt discussing where they were going to stuff their faces at the nearest pub .
I read somewhere on Ramblers club page that some of them are claiming responsabilty for help to keep the towpaths open not in my book it was us runners who were useing the towpaths even before they were renovated during the early 90s !!

No comments:

Post a Comment