Monday 3 January 2011

Telling it how it is


new years day

This was supposed to be part of my 'super Roll over weekend ' I intended to combine LSD with local grass roots race but think the 'racers block ' has struck gain Id been awake since 5am but couldnt be @rsed  to get up so the 'roll over ' was  confined to bed .

But did manage to salvage a 2hr run but feck me only just the previous nights booze& the twelve days of drinking  had taken its toll and I struggled round after this Im going on the wagon for at least a week anyway .

Took to the scenic route around the lanes havent ran along sum these lanes for 10 yrs or more but there were quite few lady runners about in wythal & surrounding area by time I hit the Stratford canal over at Dickens heath Id been out for 50 mins but wasnt feeling any better felt like shite feck knows how managed 2hrs.

Sunday 2nd

22m =2hr 15mins , Part two of my' super sunday Roll over ' to run 20 + on consective days once again didnt feel like going out but after 3 cups strong coffe and playing mind games with myself by talking my legs into only doing 1hr run I got out there .
Upped the anti and managed @6.30 steady pace taking in River Rea cycle route via Edgbaston picking up the canal at Brindley place city center 55mins which meant the only way back was anougher 50 mins at least but by then started to enjoy myself with the knowledge was on for my 40+ mile weekend target by adding on few loops of warstock.

mon 3rd

My head said rest but my legs had other ideas as I took to the treadmill for bit of speed 30mins @ sub 16 pace which is enough for me at this stage and should do me for what I have in mind then a short jog home .



canal knowledge
Noticed on the  Stratford canal the council have padlocked shut the gates unlike the Bham city center towpath maybe the council should make their minds up either its cycle route or not !
I heard that disabled fishermen ,who had access to special keys to the gates were leaving them open for their able bodied m8s and are also selling duplicate keys to collegues who were leaving the gates open for ilegal off rd bikers to use as an escape route from police .

Running back along the towpath towards K/norton I often wondered why Birmingham doesnt make better use of its canal system by having foot races on it ,I know theres Black country half marathon from wolverhampton to Bham & an Ultra race on Stratford canal but nothing on Bham section .
Maybe they could hold relay races from Brindley place / Lifford  and back gain I might even be tempted out of retirement .

No comments:

Post a Comment